You are all ecstatic to right? ;)
I love reading about all the thrifty finds my friends and others find and it got me thinking...I'M THRIFTY TOO!!! And because of that I thought it would be fun to share my thrifty finds of the week!!! Now granted, thrifty to people is always an opinion, because things that I think I got a good deal on is something that I love or want/need, maybe not your style or your need but HEY, you can't spell thrift without S-I! #lame
Here goes my first 'Thriftin' Thoughts'.....
I have been wanting another bread machine!!!!! *screeches wildly* HITACHI! *karate chops the air*
When we lived in the country, I owned a bread machine, our basement flooded and it got ruined. The End.
So, I told Big Daddy several weeks ago that a bread machine was on my Christmas list this year....fast forward to yard sales a week later (YES A WEEK!) and WALLAH, bread machine for $2.50....and it works...like for realzies! I was sooo stinkin' excited! Fast forward to the same day, 2 yard sales later...and BAM! another bread machine for sale for $1.50!!!! I was freakin' out! I couldn't believe it, it was like God was planting them there in front of me! Of course I passed the one up for $1.50 because what kind of a weirdo would I be if I owned two bread machines...okay, I totally wanted to be the weirdo owner of two bread machines but I felt horrible that maybe another Momma might have been dreaming of the same exact thing I was and I was wanting to be a bread machine glutton. So I walked on by, watching it every so often....
How did my bread turn out that I was making the first two hours of being the proud owner you ask?!?!
Not so good. Kinda, sorta brickish like. The aroma was fabulous if I do say so myself. I used regular flour and NOT rapid rise yeast. I am thinking I did it wrong.
My next loaf has yet to be baked. Why, you ask...because I'm scared...scared I am a loser and can't even figure out a yard sale bread machine. It's a sad thing.
Help me.
And this last weekend's yard sale finds.......not much, but hey...I can't be a hoarder now can I?!
Two Raggedy-Ann dolls (the big one $1 and the little one $0.75), The Book Of Ruth ($0.75)and......
At an estate sale =(....Homemade blown eggs that an elderly lady made into Christmas ornaments....IN THE 60'S......They hung on her tree every year! Perfect find for me!! They are so neat, with all their different scenes and different types of ric rac....Oh, I just love them!!! Can you imagine all those memories, sights and sounds those ornaments hold/saw?! And all for a whopping $4.00!!!
It's always a good day to go thriftin'...
And this last weekend's yard sale finds.......not much, but hey...I can't be a hoarder now can I?!
Two Raggedy-Ann dolls (the big one $1 and the little one $0.75), The Book Of Ruth ($0.75)and......
At an estate sale =(....Homemade blown eggs that an elderly lady made into Christmas ornaments....IN THE 60'S......They hung on her tree every year! Perfect find for me!! They are so neat, with all their different scenes and different types of ric rac....Oh, I just love them!!! Can you imagine all those memories, sights and sounds those ornaments hold/saw?! And all for a whopping $4.00!!!
It's always a good day to go thriftin'...

You look incredible in that big-ass coat from the Thrift Shop down the road. <3
ReplyDelete